Single-page Web Design Resume
- Web-based tools include HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Parcel, WordPress, Bootstrap, jQuery, JSON, AJAX, GitHub, API (Fetch, Drag & Drop, Google Maps, Youtube), Chrome/Firefox Dev Tools, NPM & Node.js.
WordPress Theme Development
- Built a custom theme for my website kernixwebdesign.com based on the _s starter theme.
- Created child themes and custom templates, and registered custom post types via the mu-plugins folder.
- Custom adds to functions.php include creating a breadcrumb function, disabling WP Emojis, adding editor-style.css with add_editor_style, and loading Google Analytics with wp_print_scripts.
- Wrote the CSS rules for my theme’s style.css and editor-style.css files.
- Installed node.js for live preview, to compile SASS files to CSS, and to create a style-rtl.css file.
- Used CSS to create responsive tables for two of my websites.
- Installed and configured WordPress on 3 live websites and 3 local dev environments.
- Built a dozen pages using Elementor and wrote over 150 blog posts.
- Created all my graphics using Inkscape, and optimized all images and graphics with Photoshop and GIMP.
- On-page SEO experience involves optimizing word and character counts for blog post titles, meta descriptions, intro paragraphs, excerpts, and of course the content.
- Plugins configured include Yoast SEO, CF7, Updraft Plus, Wordfence, WP Fastest Cache, and WP-Optimize.